Skilledfield is a Big Data consultancy and professional services company established in 2016. Our name comes from our dream of being a company where skilled professionals hone their talents and accrue knowledge and experience along the way.
Since 2016 we have been enabling our customers to maximize the business and operational value of their big data investment by helping them develop, manage, understand and utilise Big Data systems in a way that works for them.
About the role:
Skilledfield is looking for an Elastic Engineer who has experience in “Elastic Stack – Observability use case” to join our team. Working as a member embedded within our professional team, you’ll work closely with our customers helping them through data processing and analysis.
You’ll work across different projects using different technologies and will be actively coding.
We are looking for a passionate Engineer who works smarter, a finisher and innovator. A human who respects people, puts the customer needs first and is able to take informed decisions.
So for you to be successful in this role you should have:
- Excellent stakeholder management and communications skills
- Strive to comply with coding and deployment standards set out by system teams
- Take initiative in problem solving with a positive attitude towards any feedback you receive
- Experience working with agile processes and practices
- Ability to work with a high level of autonomy
- Australian Citizen with NV1 (or higher) clearance
And experience with:
- Hands on experience building Observability solutions
- Experience using or managing the Elastic Stack
- Solid capabilities with at least one of the pillars of observability: Logs, Metrics, APM or Synthetic Monitoring.
- Hands-on experience with large distributed systems from an architectural design, operations or development perspective
- Capability to collect and analyze data and assist in eliminating risk, performance and capacity issues
- A deep understanding of web applications, cloud technologies and microservices architecture
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure or Google)
- Development skills in Python or Golang
- Experience working with DevOps practices
- Advanced knowledge of CI/CD pipelines
- Good understanding of containerization including Docker, Kubernetes
- Network topology and infrastructure architectures on Linux based platforms
- Solid automation & orchestration experience using Ansible and Terraform
Highly desired but not a deal breaker:
- Experience with practical ML solutions
- Industry recognized certification such as Elastic Engineer
Skilledfield is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity, foster innovation and reward success.
If you’d like to make the world a better place through data analysis, if you can demonstrate trust, engage in productive debates, commit to group decisions, are accountable and focused on the results of the team, please apply below.