Unleash Big Data Technologies to Solve
Complex Cyber Security Problems
The Economic Cost of Cybercrime in Australia
On average, 164 cyber crimes are reported in Australia every day.
That’s 1 every 10 minutes.
The Australian Federal Government has implemented a $1.67 billion cybersecurity strategy to create a more secure online world for Australians, their businesses and the essential services upon which we all depend.
Is it enough?
What can you do?
- Have complete visibility across your entire IT/OT environment
- Leverage advanced analytics to detect undesirable behaviours
- Automate repeatable and manual tasks to increase efficiency and eliminate human errors
- Accelerate alerts investigations with a few clicks.
Malware is the most concerning cyberthreat targeting organisations. Phishing and ransomware were jointly ranked second.
To avoid detection, advanced attackers compile their code in unique ways to avoid matching previously used patterns.
30 percent of malware attacks are zero-day exploits.
Over the last two years, the number of insider incidents has increased by 47%.
What We Do
Skilledfield is an Australian based Big Data consultancy and professional services company. We design, develop, and operate Big Data solutions to help our customers achieve market leadership, regulatory compliance and operational excellence. We specialise in utilising predictive analytics leveraging Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence, so our customers can better detect and respond to advanced security threats.
Our three core functions:
- Using big data to uplift cybersecurity detection and response capabilities
- Using big data to uplift operational observability capabilities
- Using big data analytics (BI to AI) to uplift the maturity of analytics capabilities
Our key activities to achieve this include:
- Provision a Centralised Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) platform to enable centralised visibility and advanced threat detection
- Provision a Centralised Operational event monitoring and alerting platform to improve Observability and enable a Common Operating Picture (COP) across the entire IT/OT environments
- Stop malware at the host using End Point Detection and Response (EDR)
- Organise SOC tasks and playbooks for automated analysis and response
- Leverage Machine Learning for advanced operation/security analytics.
Business Solutions Offered Through Our Big Data Services
Being solutions-driven, we will analyse and assess each problem and find the best big data solution for your needs. Here’s a loosely compiled breakdown of what outcomes you can expect. We will tailor and sharpen each solution and service to precisely match up to what you need us to deliver.
Uplift Cybersecurity Detection And Response Capability
- Re-establish confidence in security programs
- Stop malware at the host, while enabling centralised visibility and advanced threat detection
- Implement fast, scalable, and relevant threat intelligence and data enrichment
- Leverage machine learning to combat zero-day attacks, insider threats, and uniquely compiled malware
- Organize SOC tasks and playbooks for automated analysis and response.
- Focus on security outcomes, not budget, with a right size solution
Uplift Your Operational Monitoring Capability
- Achieve operational simplicity and efficiency through tool consolidation and standardization
- Drive MTTR towards zero, meeting SLAs by delivering complete visibility in a Common Operating Picture (COP) across your entire IT/OT environments
- Detect undesirable behaviour (service downtime, errors, slow responses) with actionable information to pin down root cause in an effective manner
- Enable operators to investigate metrics and accelerate investigations by drilling down into logs and traces with a few clicks without switching context
- Utilise machine learning to detect anomalies across uptime data, resource utilisation, logging patterns, and most relevant traces
- Right size your solution including hosting, data throughput, licencing, and operational resources
BI to AI Analytics Services
- We will guide you through the journey of increasing the value of your data and uplifting the maturity of your analytics
- Enable internal and external data processing to drive your business growth
- Provide a data analytics service to process all your ingress and egress data, structure it so that it is comprehensible
- Optimise your data for efficiency as per your requirements to unleash new opportunities
Centralised Security Event Logging And Auditing (Elastic Security)
Security is everyone’s responsibility. However, the tools of yesterday can’t keep up with today’s challenges. Blind spots are the enemy, and the attack surface is changing due to strategic shifts to the cloud, remote work, BYOD, etc.
Skilledfield is specialised in deploying Elastic SIEM (Security information and event management). A centralised security event logging and auditing solution that provides a solution to collect, transform, and store data from a broad set of systems. Data in different formats is aggregated and ingested into Elastic common schema, which simplifies query processes for certain pieces of information.
The centralised event logging and auditing solution (Elastic SIEM) is used to identify log patterns and correlate events in seconds, no matter its volume, variety, or age. This process improves the real-time visibility into your IT/OT environment and eliminates blind spots by consolidating silos of data into one datastore. The solution is equipped with both Elastic- and community-developed protections powered by machine learning and technique-based methods.
Skilledfield helps you realise all of this in a seamless process. Our areas of expertise that help achieve this outcome include:
- Design of log generation and management strategies
- Deployment and configuration of the cluster
- Tuning, upgrading, and platform migrations
- Installing and configuring log collection agents on client devices
- Extracting, transforming, and loading logs
- Log enrichment
- Collecting and retaining security events for investigation
- Deployment of out-of-the-box and custom machine learning-based detection
- Configuring incident actions
- Augmenting platform capabilities with plugins
⇡ Breadth of visibility
⇡ Retention of actionable data
⇣ False positives
⇣ Analyst ramp
⇣ Incident impacts
Security Orchestration, Automation, And Response (SOAR) – TheHive
SOAR describes the capabilities of threat and vulnerability management, security operations automation, and security incident responses. While orchestration emphasises the integration of different security tools to streamline incident management processes, automation reduces the human intervention required for attack detection and incident response.
By using SOAR solutions to minimise manual tasks, you can save valuable time and resources used by your security team, which in turn improves overall productivity.
Skilledfield leverages TheHive Project to automate security case creation and management. We also integrate TheHive and other SIEM solutions to efficiently detect, prioritise, and respond to security incidents.
Our areas of expertise that contribute to this outcome for you, include:
- TheHive and Cortex design, build and administration
- Integrate TheHive with SIEM solutions and other feeders including MISP
- Develop analysers and responders to efficiently prioritise, analyse and respond to security incidents.
- Automate security case creation and management to increase effectiveness
- Integrate Cortex with sandboxes and other 3rd party systems like ticketing systems and security appliances
- Build customisable dashboards for reporting
⇡ Incidents per analyst
⇣ Alert fatigue
⇡ High value activity
⇣ Incident impacts
Endpoint Protection (Elastic Endpoint)
Endpoint Protection is how companies protect their edge devices from being exploited by malicious parties. Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) systems are designed to discover and prevent malware or ransomware attacks during the early stages before major damage is done. The advanced Endpoint solutions also combine machine learning features to combat uniquely compiled malware.
Skilledfield’s team utilise machine learning-based Elastic Endpoint Security to protect our clients’ end-user devices. You can reduce the mean-time-to-detect (MTTD) and mean-time-to-response (MTTR) as all detected malware is stopped immediately by Endpoint Security. We use pre-built detection use cases to deploy security solutions within a shorter timeframe, resulting in reduced costs.
Elastic Endpoint Security is integrated with Elastic SIEM allowing you to choose a solution that lowers the learning curve for every practitioner and maximises the effectiveness of experienced practitioners.
Our areas of expertise that help us deploy the solution for you effectively include:
- Experience in designing and deploying Elastic SIEM
- Utilising automation to install and configure Elastic Endpoint on client devices
- Deployment of out-of-the-box and custom endpoint security use cases
⇣ Incident impacts
Centralised Operational Event Monitoring And Alerting (Elastic Observability)
Always-on experiences are the lifeline of a modern business. Organisations are adopting new practices (cloud-native, cloud, DevOps, etc.) to deliver more value, faster, and at a lower cost. These new practices are also making the underlying systems more complex. System observability is more critical and challenging than ever before.
We can help you build a Common Operating Picture (COP) across your IT environment by centrally monitoring your operational events using Elastic Observability. COP delivers uncompromised end-to-end visibility into your technology ecosystem in a single, open platform and enables you to keep a strong track record of transparency in order to scrutinise measures inside your environment.
With Elastic Observability we provide centralised operational event monitoring and auditing solutions. We use trigger alerts combined with operational events to build real-time dashboards that help you visually see what’s happening in your environment when something abnormal happens.
Our areas of expertise that help us deliver these cybersecurity solutions include:
- Collection of operational events from various systems
- Identification of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in operational events
- Building operational dashboards
- Deployment of custom machine learning-based anomaly detection
- Trigger alerts for incidents
- Generation of regular operational reports
⇣ Team disruption
⇡ High value activity
⇣ Impact of service disruptions
How We Help
Our services are delivered through a client journey crafted with a focus on maximising the value for money to our clients.
Why Work With Us?
Our pillars of success are: the right People, equipped with the right Processes, supported by Platforms from technology partners.
A Field of Skilled professionals!
Build solutions, integrate software products, improve performance and run problem management
Manipulate, analyse and interpret complex data sets, create dashboards, graphs and visualisations and produce reports
Design and implement effective solutions to acquire, process, store and analyse data
Use advanced analytics tools and a combined knowledge of computer science and data modelling, statistics, analytics and maths to produce solutions to problems
Manage delivery from requirements, architecture and design through to operational hand-over and client acceptance
What Makes Us Unique
Skilledfield is confident in delivering satisfying outcomes to clients and is willing to offer a “value for money guarantee” in every engagement, subject to the terms and conditions in our agreement.
Technology & Partners
What Our Customers Are Saying
"I've had the pleasure of working with Mouaz extensively this quarter. Without fail, every conversation I've had with Mouaz has left me feeling energised and optimistic. He is passionate, enthusiastic and incredibly knowledgeable. Mouaz if flexible and working across timezones and always seems to fine the time to answer any questions I might have."
"SkilledField have been a tireless and enthusiastic contributor to a complex and important cyber security platform over many months, providing support and driving initiatives that I have no doubt would have been very difficult and time consuming without them. I recommend SkilledField to any project seeking a professional service with a wide breadth of skills and experience."
"The Skilledfield team are always highly motivated to assist and understand the common goal to help us achieve our business outcomes. The team has been a very professional group to work with and have not only helped resolve issues, they have helped up-skill the Telstra team in those areas."
"Mouaz and the team are extremely dedicated, conscientious and thorough when it comes to determining their customer's requirements, how they can best meet that need and what outcomes they can achieve with realistic and well articulated timelines and deliverables. The staff are engaging, well versed in their chosen field and a pleasure to work along side."
Skilledfield team always deliver their service beyond our expectation. and team is really easy to work with, a truly trusted vendor!
Working with Mouaz and his team is always a pleasure. Mouaz is highly skilled, always happy to help and a great member of any team. He is always open to answering questions and being available no matter what the task and despite heavy workloads. Thanks Mouaz - I enjoy working with you!
Skilledfield is customer focused that creates a dialogue between the project idea and the project in production
It was a pleasure working with Mouaz. He demonstrated excellent technical knowledge and was able to quickly find solutions and workarounds to problems as they arose.
What I like most about Skilledfield's team is the willingness to always work towards finding the solution to every problem and obstacle faced in getting to the required outcome. In addition to their collaborative approach and willingness to always help and educate along with the work they do.
Work done met expectations and quality standards. Engineer was reliable, professional and motivated to do a good job.
What I like most about working with Skilledfield is their open and direct communication when required.
Engineer is performing the required tasks to a high standard. I like the Skilledfield's professionalism, pro-activeness and quality of work.